Dental Checkups Near You
Dental checkups are essential to the maintenance and care of your oral and overall health. You should receive dental checkups biannually or as recommended by your dentist near you. Your dental checkup will be comprised of two parts—the examination and the professional cleaning.
What Does a Dental Checkup Involve?
The Dental Exam
The dental exam will include a careful examination of your teeth and gums. Your Kitchener dentist or dental hygienist will ask questions about any health problems you are experiencing or medications you are taking to better understand how this might impact your oral health. When you schedule a dental checkup in Kitchener, ON at our dental office, you can expect the following steps:
- Your overall health and oral hygiene are evaluated
- Your teeth are examined for plaque and tartar
- Your risk of tooth decay, gum or bone disease, and oral cancer is evaluated
- The need for dental restorations or replacement is evaluated
- Your jaw and bite are evaluated
- Dental X-rays are other diagnostic procedures are carried out. Dental X-rays provide your dentist with detailed images of your mouth to identify issues that aren’t visible during the dental exam
The Dental Cleaning
Your hygienist will first use a scaler to remove tartar and plaque between your teeth and around the gum line. After the scaling, your hygienist will use a high-powered electric brush with a gritty toothpaste to thoroughly clean your teeth and remove any residual tartar.
Your dental hygienist will then floss your teeth. Expert flossing removes plaque or toothpaste left behind from earlier in the cleaning process. After you rinse, we will apply a fluoride treatment to your teeth to protect them from cavities. If necessary, treatment will be discussed with you and your dentist will educate you on your options.
Interested in scheduling a dental checkup near you? We offer dental checkups and cleanings in Kitchener, ON at our dental office. They can reduce your risk of developing dental problems and promote your overall health. Your comfort is always a priority when it comes to any dental procedure and a dental checkup is no exception.
This simple and painless procedure is vital! Contact our dental office to schedule your dental checkup in Kitchener, ON today.