Veneers can be a great option to improve your smile! Do you have minor teeth misalignment and want a quick fix? Veneers can be the solution for you, they are both effective and effortless. Porcelain veneers have become more and more common. So common, you can probably find veneers offered by most dentists near you!
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are a very thin layer of shells bonded to your teeth. Porcelain veneers use shells composed of ceramic. This can enhance teeth that have been damaged or discoloured as well as alter their look and shape. Veneers have become a popular option as the ceramic looks very natural and mimics the enamel.
Veneers have actually been around for almost a century! They were originally used to improve the smile of a Hollywood actor back in 1920. Since then, more and more dentists have been finding better solutions. Technological advancements and 3D printing have further improved veneers to become as natural as your original teeth. With the use of 3D imaging, veneers can now even be created on the same day! When taken care of properly, they can last around 10 years!
What to Expect When Receiving Dental Veneers in Kitchener
There are multiple steps to undergo before receiving veneers:
- Consultation: This is an appointment between you and your dentist to discuss your smile goals.
- Tooth preparation: Your teeth are prepared for the procedure.
- Shade selection: A shade is selected for your veneers.
- Impressions: Impressions are taken of your teeth and mouth.
- Temporary veneers: You are provided temporary veneers until your porcelain veneers are complete.
- Evaluate fit and bond: The fit of your veneers is evaluated and then they are placed.
Just like any other procedure, you will have a consultation to see if veneers are the right solution for you. Once eligible, we will trim the enamel on the teeth, find the right shade for your teeth and take impressions for the veneers. While they are being made, you will be given temporary veneers until we have received your permanent veneers and can bond them. The veneers are placed and trimmed multiple times until we find the perfect, seamless fit for your teeth. Once the teeth are thoroughly cleaned, the veneers are attached and hardened with ultraviolet light. At our dental clinic in Kitchener, we ensure we go through all the proper steps necessary to give you the best results.
What Can Veneers Fix?
At our dental clinic in Kitchener, we recommend veneers to patients who have:
- Tooth stains/discolouration
- Crooked teeth or minor misalignment
- Short or small teeth
- Spaces or gaps between teeth
If you have any other concerns that haven’t previously been listed, contact our dental clinic to find out if you’re eligible for veneers.
Considerations Before You Receive Veneers
Aside from the teeth themselves, there are other oral concerns to take into consideration prior to receiving veneers. To be fully eligible for veneers, a patient must have:
- Sufficient enamel since veneers require chipping of the enamel.
- Good oral health is always important, but more so for veneers. Since they cannot be whitened, to ensure veneers don’t become damaged you would have to practice good dental hygiene. Good oral health is essential to maintaining veneers for as long as possible.
- Healthy gums. Those with preexisting gum diseases and tooth decay generally don’t qualify for veneers.
Dental Veneers Near You
If you are considering veneers or have other concerns, contact our dental clinic in Kitchener for a consultation! We will examine your teeth, oral health and provide a recommendation best fit for you. Here at Laurentian Dental Centre, we offer quality dental veneers near you.